Members, for additional Food Safety resources click here
These include recorded webinars, decision trees, factsheets, videos, web tools and printable signage for food safety planning, management, employee training and consumer awareness.
- January 9, 2019: PSA Grower Training, Grand Junction
To register, go to: https://jan9-psr-mesa.eventbrite.com
- January 31, 2019: PSA Grower Training, Greeley
To register, go to: https://jan31-psr-greeley.eventbrite.com
- February 19-21, 2019: PCQI Training, Location TBA
This course is organized by Western Growers Association. Registration coming soon.
We will also be working with Western Growers Association to bring a Preventive Controls for Human Food PCQI Training to Delta on February 19-21, 2019. Stay tuned for more information about this event!
And, we will be offering an on-farm food safety plan development class in Grand Junction on January 10, 2019.
Be sure to check www.coproducesafety.org for information on these and other trainings, and for the opportunity to sign up for an On-Farm Readiness Review.
CFVGA Lunch and Learn Webinar | Implementation of the Food Safety Modernization Act in Colorado | March 23, 2017 (55 min)
- FSMA is a whole system approach to addressing issues of food safety
- Produce Safety Rule was completed November 2015
- PSR Compliance timeline:
- Sprout farms Jan 26, 2017
- Large farms Jan 26, 2018 (except water)
- Small Farm Jan 28, 2019 (except water)
- Large farms Jan 2020 (all provisions)
- Small Farms Jan 2021 (all provisions)
- All farms must comply Jan 2022 (all provisions)
- Exemptions are possible
- PRS key standards: worker health and hygiene; ag water; soil amendments; wildlife/domestic animals and land use; postharvest handling and sanitation; equipment, tools and buildings
- CDA will provide education, outreach and inspection. CSU will collaborate with education and outreach
- FDA funds in part Produce Safety Alliance, Sprouts Safety Alliance, Preventative Controls Safety Alliance. Regional training centers are also funded by FDA.
- CSU leads the Mountain sub-region of the US Western Regional Center (Oregon) for produce safety education as one of 3 sub-regions in the W Region
- 2017 Regulatory rollout by CDA
- Spring 2017 – Inventory: identify farms that grow covered crops, helping them find compliance resources
- 2018 – 2020 – On-Farm Readiness Review: assess farms readiness for inspection, voluntary farm review or farm self review
- 2018 – start Large farm inspections
- 2019 – start Small farm inspections
- 2020 – start Very small farm inspections
- Audits are 3rd party fee based reviews. Inspections are regulatory visits to determine compliance with PSR. FDA and USDA are working to harmonize GAPs with PSR
Food Safety Modernization Act (FSMA) – Produce Safety Rule
What Can Growers Expect? from CDA and CSU regarding resources, farm inventory, on farm readiness reviews and inspections